Expand your love for children into a successful business!
Running an at-home childcare service can be one of the most rewarding things you could ever do. You will not be only making a positive difference in the lives of the children under your care, but also making a contribution to your family’s income.
Starting an at-home childcare business with Lighthouse is a straight forward process. We take the hassle and guesswork of running a business off you, and provide you with all the support you need, from Initial Setup, Marketing to Customer Care …… completely FREE of charge! If you are a stay-at-home mum, what better than to get paid while looking after your own child(ren)!
Why should you work with Lighthouse?
- You’ll have FREE access to the largest toy and resource library in NZ. (from puzzles to carseat and highchair)
- You will be charging the most competitive fees in the industry. We subsidise your parents fees by up to $2/hour per child.
- We do not deduct any parent fee payment before passing them onto you.
- If you have your own children (under 6), you will be paid for looking after your own children as well. (We are the only service that provides this)
- All your children’s families (and your family) will have VIP access to all our public and community events enjoy our regular large social events (Zoo trip, Crystal Mountain, Children Day fair, Christmas Party etc.) free of charge.
- You’ll be provided with unmatched business support. (e.g. marketing, customer care training, fee collection etc.)
- You’ll have extensive educational support with access to hundreds of activity ideas from our activity library.
- You’ll have regular support from highly experienced, registered ECE teachers who’ll help you to develop activities and plans for children under your care.
- You can get hold of our staff and teachers through free 0800 number at any NZ landline or mobile 6 days a week.
- We provide full marketing support, regular national marketing campaigns and we also provide you with your own marketing kit (e.g. business cards, car magnets, pamphlets and many more)
- We’ll pay for your first aid training. (Conditions apply)
Some Frequently Asked Questions that you may find helpful
Q: How much money can I make?
A: As a home-educator you can care for up to 4 children under 6 years of age. If you care for 4 children you can earn up to $ 4000 per month.
Q: Do I need any special qualifications?
A: No, but a First Aid Certificate and genuine love for children is a must. You may qualify for free First Aid Training from Lighthouse.
Q: Do I need a big house?
A: No. However you need to have a stable home (either own or rent) with a fully fenced backyard and indoor space of no less than 10m² area available for children’s education activities.
Q: Do I need to come up with ideas to keep the children busy with?
A: Children are most happy when then are engaged, but you will not be alone at this. Lighthouse has highly experienced registered ECE teachers who will help you to develop with resources, ideas and activities.
Q: Can I look after my own child too?
A: Yes you can. There’s no better start to life than being looked after by your own parents. As a home based educator you can look after your own child, while getting paid to look after other children at the same time – the perfect mix of work , life and family!
Q: Do I need any business experience to run my own Lighthouse at-home childcare business?
A: No. Lighthouse will provides you with all the information and support you need to make your at-home childcare business a success.
Q: How do I get customers?
A: Lighthouse has many families pre-registered with us who are looking for childcare options. You should make yourself and your house readily available for prospective parents to visits. Lighthouse will also provide you with a marketing kit once you joined us, which you can use to market your service within your personal network and local community.